The rehearsal dinner is an important part of your wedding weekend, but that doesn't mean it has to be an overly complicated party. One of the easiest ways to keep your rehearsal simple but fun is to hold it in a restaurant's private area. How does this one move help with both goals? Here are a few ways.
1. No Heavy Lifting. Setting up for a party a day or two before your actual day-long wedding festivities is too much for many couples. Make it easy on yourself and use a space that's already set up for a gathering. The restaurant provides tables, chairs, dishes, cutlery, and food. All you have to do is add some personal touches.
2. They'll Help With the Menu. Keeping the menu limited and fairly simple is a good way to keep it cost-effective. However, you don't want to cut too many corners. And what about any guests with food allergies or dietary requirements? The restaurant staff is professionals when it comes to designing menus. They'll help you choose the right options to fit your budget and are equipped to accommodate special dietary needs individually.
3. It's Intimate. The wedding rehearsal generally differs from the wedding and reception themselves. It should usually be less formal, more personal, and a chance to have fun. A restaurant setting facilitates all these goals. The private room or zone is smaller and tables are generally placed closer for conversations and mingling. If there's a bar, guests can order on their own and unwind. And while it provides all you need for dinner, it doesn't have to feel stuffy.
4. It Frees Your Time. Because experienced restaurant staff takes care of so many of the logistics of the dinner, you can focus on having fun and spending time with guests. The staff will set up, wait tables, cook the food, see that guests are comfortable, facilitate parking, direct people, and clean up afterward.
5. You Have Many Options. Finally, you don't have to create the entire theme, ambiance, or vibe of the dinner from scratch. With a plethora of restaurant choices, sizes, themes, and menu options, you can tailor the foundation of the party to your wishes.
Want to know more about using a restaurant for your upcoming rehearsal dinner? Whether you want to make it as easy as possible, as intimate as you want, or as cost-effective as you can, begin by touring restaurants in your area today. With their help and facilities, you're sure to find a great space to kick off your wedding weekend.
For more information, contact local restaurants near you.